WASM-4 is still very early in development, but everyone is welcome to contribute.
There are many ways to contribute, here are just a few ideas:
- Build a game or experiment, we'll feature it here on wasm4.org!
- Improve our documentation or write a tutorial.
- Submit a bug report or feature request on Github.
- Answer questions on the forums.
- Implement support for a new tool or language.
- Give the project a star on Github for visibility.
Here are WASM-4's goals for the future:
- Grow and support a friendly open source community.
- Build a lightweight native runtime in C + SDL.
- Support bundling of native Windows/Mac/Linux/Android/iOS applications.
- Add a pause button and options menu to the emulator.
- First-class support for new languages: Swift, Zig.
- Support importing and playing music from Beepbox.
- Improve responsiveness of the virtual gamepad on mobile.
WASM-4 was started by Bruno Garcia.